"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kristina's Color Challenge #54 You are my Sunshine



"You are my Sunshine" this card is in honor of two cutie pies... My dearest daughter Abbie and my Sunshine in the middle of the night Sankari. Sense Abbie was a baby I have always sang the song "You are my Sunshine" to her.. She still crinkles up her little body and has a HUGE smile on her face and soul when I sing this song to her... I always felt so guilty singing this song to my next baby because this was our song... Maybe because she was in the next room and I was singing it to some one else... Abbie is 11 now, but she is still my little Abbie.. She is a little girls lost in the sea of "BIG" Little and big brothers... I love that she is a short little gal...


Sankari is the Sunshine in the middle of the night when all the world is a sleep but us! Literally!  We are totally crazy and keep late hours... Last night we chatted for almost 2 hours.. We both had to get up REALLY early but it's always worth it to me... Sankari has the sunniest personalist and always has a very cheerful hello and good by.. I always have my soul warmed when I am around Sankari... Even thought we are MILES away!  I love you girlie!

Hugs to you both..
Brooke(mama)


Recipe:
Stamps~ Whisper Jumbo Wheel, Dotted background (both SU)
Paper ~ Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Green Galore, Soft Sky.
Ink~ Versa Mark, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore.
Ribbon~ Pumpkin pie and Pumpkin Pie striped Grosgrain SU
Sentiment~ Fancy Pants designs
Liquid pearls, Stampin', Dimensionals, Crystal Effects

Movie: (A little Jonny for Sankari)
"Pirates of the Caribbean" #1





14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun, super cool card! I love the felt piece and the embossed wave. And great dedication stories, too.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful Brooke. And i must agree with you ... Sankari definately IS a ray of SUNSHINE all the way across the oceans.

xx Sarah

Sankari W. said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW - I got kinda teary reading your sweet message Brooke!!! I totally love you and adore you toooooo!!! What a beautiful beautiful card!!! LOVE the story about Abbie crinkling her body when you sing the song - sooooo sweet!!! ANd I had a total blast talking to you last night!!! You are the best!!!! Can't wait to finally meet you girlie!!! Sending you a ton of hugs and sunshine love!!!
LOVE ya!!!
Sankari

Unknown said...

Love it! just beautiful.

Carol Dunstan said...

this card is stunning! Fantastic use of the colours and I'm loving all the textures

Selene Kempton said...

this is stinkin cute! what a fun card!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowzers! This is fantabulous!

Scrappinwendi said...

This card is the bombdiggity girl!

Nancy Riley said...

SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!

Sharnee Torrents said...

THis card looks so amazing it's like it needs to be on a cake!! It reminds me of yummy icing pipped!!
Great job and beautiful story as to why!!
Smiles Sharnee

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your fun circle and great waves! Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Oh, I LOVE it, everything about it! It just makes me HAPPY! Top pick for sure!
I too, have an 11 daughter, and she will always be my little girl! :)

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful and fun! LOve these colors, they are great!

Ann said...

SO cute and summery and fun! I love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin