"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thinking of You....

Ok. So here is another card that I made in between funerals.. I have been coveting this set forever.. I actually held the stamp set "Thoughts and Prayers" in my hand for the first time when my friend Tomiannie ordered it in the Spring... So I selected "Thoughts and Prayers" as one of my choices from Sale-A-Bration rewards...

Don't you just love the new In-Color "Dusty Durango"! I played around with different greens to compliment the "Dusty Durango" and settled on Mellow Moss. I wanted to flowers to stand out a bit so I first stamped the image in "Mellow Moss" then in "Dusty Durango". I cut out the little D.D. flowers and glued them on with a small dot of Tombo Mono liquid glue.. When I glued them to the paper I only lightly touched them to the paper so they would stand of a bit.. This glue is Super strong and only need a little to hold tight.. The D.D. Paper was run throught the Big shot Machine. To add a few accents I added a few half pearls for the Stampin' Up Pretties Kit and adhered them with mini glue dots... To finish I used one of the little white flowers form the pretties kit and died it with "Dusty Durango" Ink Pad.. You don't need the ink refills to die the flowers I just used my "Aqua Painter" and picked up ink from the ink pad and brushed it on.. I colored the stem with the "Mellow Moss" stampin' Write marker. To create the Leaves I had cut them out of card stock and glued them on with Tombo glue... Finished with White Ribbon...

I was thrilled with the finished card. I hope you enjoyed visiting... Here is a full view of this great stamp set and where you can order it...
Click on the picture to find out how to purchase this stamp set.

ProductDetails.aspx.gif

Thoughts & Prayers113252
Price: $25.95

Brimming with sentiments of love and concern, this set it a must-have for conveying your feelings at those times in life when you need to reach out to a friend or close one. Accompanied by two graceful, calming nature images, there is no need to worry that you won’t know what to say or how to say it.

Set Quantity: 8


Hugs
Brooke

7 comments:

Ann said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Brooke! I *need* to get that stamp set!

Liam said...

Brooke,


what a stunning card yet again so simple but so elegant.

Liam

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Brooke... this is GORGEOUS. I've been looking at this set for AGES!!!! I think I'm going to crumble and get it now.

xx Sarah

scrapperjulia said...

This is beautiful, Brooke! Love the colors and the simplicity of it,gorgeous!

Meredith said...

This is so beautiful!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful!!! Yep, Dusty Durango is awesome!

Angie Tieman said...

Brooke, this is absolutely lovely!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin