"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #67 - Tristan & Isolde



If you have just come from our challenge blog... The San-dollar is the unique element I added that might not make sense if you have not seen the movie.. The answer for the sand dollar is the sea... The Sea is what brought them together so I though a little tribute was a great idea.


Ok. I have to say I got totally sucked into this movie.. I was looking for a quote that would summarize this movie in one statement, so I did a little YouTube of this move and I was instantly hooked. I left the main computer and grabbed the laptop and headed down to my crafty place. I watched EVERY scene of this movie and it all felt so familiar but new at the same time. The last time I watched this movie I was on my way to England (ironically) and was trying to rest. The lady who was sitting next to me yacked the whole time. Now don't get me wrong; I can talk as well as anyone or better but it was LATE and I had taken half a sleeping pill to be able to rest. So watching it again made me feel like I had found an old friend with this movie.

I found this quote from the scene when Isolde is reading poetry to Tristan when he was recovered from the sea. Then she repeats the poem to Tristan as they depart one another in the end of the movie.

What a great movie and a great challenge... You won't want to miss this one.. Come play along.. Don't forget we have inspiration starters and loads of samples to inspire...

Cinema Saturday Designers
Sankari Wegman project #3



So glad you stopped by
HUGS
Brooke

3 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Sooooo lovely dearest Brooke! Love the inside and that poem is beautiful and what a great touch to use the sand dollar - you are a genius!!! Gorgeous card and loved reading about how you first watched the movie :))))) Sending you big hugs dearest friend of my heart :)))
Lots of love,
S :)

Anonymous said...

Brooke, What a great peek into your vision of this movie. I love the way you captured it with your design. That sand dollar was genius. I loved reading your experience with the film. I totally agree..this film does suck you in BIG TIME..but in a good way!

Karli said...

I also love your detail of the sand dollar. The inside is just beautiful too :) I loved this movie & I remember feeling so torn because the King was not a bad guy but I was rooting for Tristan. Tough choice. Great choice for this week's movie :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin