"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, December 8, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #9 Sound of Music



This is a full version of the sneak peek...
The blue I added was inspired my the beautiful blue skies of Austria and the blue dresses that Julie Andrews wears in the movie...  
The Green from the Curtains, I mean play cloths that the Children are wearing and the majestic green Mountains...
The flowers I added were Edelweiss of course.
I added a little red tuft that was an inspiration from the mountain hikers hats in the puppet show.
I love the Quote on the card: "Sometime on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one".  Doesn't that just sound like something Julie Andrews would say..
I hope you and your families all enjoyed watching this movie.. I always learn a few thing while I am researching the movies presented. It's great fun...

Stamp Recipe:
MOVIE: Sound of Music
Stamps: Sweet Dreams(retired)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Craft.
Ink: Baja Blue, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, More Mustard, Yo-Yo Yellow, Basic Black.
Ribbon: Baja Blue Grosgrain striped
Punches: Family Treasures flowers
Tools: Scallop punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing tool Stampin'Up
Adhesive, Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mono Glue, Sticky Strip.

9 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

Love your card... that green is a great match for the curtain material!

Jules said...

This is so pretty! Just perfect!

Angie Tieman said...

What a cute card! Love the colors and your flowers! As I was looking at that movie poster on the left, I just got an idea for a card! Yippee, thanks!

Ann said...

Brooke, this is absolutely amazing! I love how you incorporated all the different inspirations! The sentiment is PERFECT--this is exactly what happens to Maria in the movie. You rock! :D

Catherine said...

very pretty, Brooke :)

Sherri said...

Such a pretty pretty card!! Wow!

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous flowers, Brooke! I didn't know there were Edelweiss flowers. Good color combo on the card too.

Debi said...

Love the cute little flowers. I had no idea Edelweiss was a flower. I guess I learned something new today. :>

Lisa Brown said...

This card is so pretty, Brooke! Love how those flowers pop up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin