"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #19 -Emma






When we were in England we went in to this great antique shop along the river Dart.. There these babies were just sitting on a glass shelf... I wanted to jump up and down.. I tried not to shout to my DH to get over here fast... He new when he got over to me what I was so excited about... He even said ... "It's the dark blue" He new I was going to have these little treasured...xoxo. I even thought about buying one of them for my mom but I just could not bare to part with them... They were a steal by the way. Way cheaper than even brand new.

My inspiration was the cameo work in the white and contrasted by the blue... there is a card so similar to this in one of the late Stampin' Up catalog.. This card is the reason I own this sentiment set.. I just could not get it out of my mind until it was mine. Ironicly It took me months before I ever made this card.. I actually made this card a while back and have saved it for this movie.

One of my favorite parts in Emma is when Emma and Frank Churchill are singing around the piano.. I love the song and voices in the movie... Even if Frank totally take over and commands center stage.. One of those Ohhhhh! heart stop beating moments is when Emma and Mr. Knightly are out on the balcony talking about Mr and Mrs Elton and what rat finks they are for snubbing Harriot Smith. They both have that ah ha moment and then share a long over due dance together... I LOVE this movie I watch it over and over again... Gwyneth Paltrow is adorable in this movie.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: "Baroque", "Gentler Times"(retired), "All Holidays"
Card Stock ~ Bordering Blue, Craft, Very Vanilla.
Ink ~ Bordering Blue, Stazon, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip.
 Clear Embossing Powder
Adhesive ~ Stampin' dimensionals, Snail.
Ribbon ~ Wedding section "Roberts" craft 
Mat Pack and paper piercing tool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Brooke!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful card, the sentiment and background go so well together

Angie Tieman said...

This is beautiful! Love this movie too!

Sherri said...

Love that movie! ..and I love your card - such a soft elegant feel to it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin