"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #21 "Bride and Prejudice"






"No LIFE with out wife"
or
"Life it's all around you.. Live like you mean it"

This is one of my all time Favorite movies.... I think I have watched it 1,000 times including the out-takes and the making of the movie... This movie is totally a take on "Pride and Prejudice" and what a clever way to make this classic story relate to modern day. I also love that a different culture was the focus of this film. It just goes to show that we are not all that different from each other.

My favorite things about India are SANKARI of course. (I love my Sunny Sankari she is the brightest part of my day :) or the brightest part of the middle of the night of which we share a lot of), The colors, Spice, dance and music.. I LOVE Indian food.. I only wish that I could have a good curry with my best Indian Friend... mmmmmmm! The dance moves are totally amazing. You have to be in great physical shape to be able to survive an entire Indian dance.. There are so many dance move in one song alone all telling such an amazing story..

My card is inspired by a few of my very favorite colors from India.. The pinks and oranges are so brilliant.. I chose a white card base because when I was watching this film I noticed all the amazing people and colors were popping of the screen because the background was white.
Here are a few of my favorite scenes from the movie:

Bale Bale Dance~

Dances from the Garba~

No Life Without Wife

Marrage into Town

Take me to Love~

There is a crazy dance that one of the sisters do for a dinner party.. Your job is to watch the movie and then tell us what you think... We also want to here what your favorite dance is from the movie...

Card Recipe:
Stamps~ "Live like you mean it"
DSP~ Bali Breeze (Stampin, Up)
Card Stock~ Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie.
Bling~ West Trim
Crystal Effects ~ Stampin' Up
Rhinestone Brad~ Stampin' Up
Ribbon~ Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain (Stampin' Up)
Adhesive~ ATG gun, Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Crystal Effects.

Movie Watched: "Bride and Prejudice"

Hugs
Brooke

5 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card!! YOu really captured the movie in this one! The colors and bling are perfect!!! I'm glad someone else loves this movie too! I love the way it's so "clean cut" and they never even kiss, not even in the end! Every time I yell out "Kiss her! Kiss her!" and he never does! There are so many good parts, but I love when he rides up on the elephant at the end and the music is playing, soooo good!

Sherri said...

Love the way you made your flower - so beautiful - and that pink & orange are perfect together! Wonderful!

Carol Dunstan said...

Love this Brooke, the colours are fantastic, the flower beautiful and the bling perfect!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Absolutely PERFECT!!!


Sarah
xx

Jaimee said...

lovely ..esp love the little orange flourishes 3d.gorgeous

Blog Widget by LinkWithin