"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, May 30, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration #10

Inspiration photo

Here is my card for the color challenge that Kristina presented. This one was a little challenging fir me this time. I couldn't settle on what stamp set to use, how I wanted to arrange the colors etc. I knew I wanted to make a square card from the start. Once I picked the background paper from "Fall Flowers" (Stampin'Up) I was on a roll. I wanted to use the "Rock and Roll" technique to incorporate two colors of ink nicely and I had use a similar combo in the past and has great success. I {heart} this technique! I really wanted to use "Crystal Effects" on the card to make the "Rock and Roll" POP! I use the "Slit" punch to make the yellow scallops and trimmed the white card stock to frame the scallop. I also use my "Crop-A-Dile" to make the perfect holes for the brads and the fact that it was late last night and "Crop-A-Dile" is silent.


Hope you enjoy! 

If you look closely at the photos you can see I highlighted the flowers with "Crystal Effects". I also highlighted a few words from the sentiment and greenery on the card. 

Link to KRISTINA's color challenge if you want to play along.


Stamp Recipe:
all products "Stampin'UP" unless otherwise written.
Stamps: "Baroque Motifs", "Stem Silhouettes", Full of Life"
Ink: "Old Olive", Not Quite Navy", 
Card Stock: "Whisper White, "Old Olive, "So Saffron", Not Quite Navy", Bashful Blue".
Pattern Paper: "Fall Flowers"
Ribbon: "Old Olive" 
Supplies and Tools "Stampin'Dimensionals", "Crystal Effects" Silver Brads
 ATG tape gun, Crop-A-Dile, Paper trimmer, paper snips, Bone Folder
...........................................................................

9 comments:

Bev said...

Very nice entry! Found you through the challenge but love your blog and you have great music taste! :)

Traveling Mama said...

A very sweet card! Love the dimension!

Pamela Smerker said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it!!

Tamara said...

That is totally gorgeous! Nice job! I really like your "springy" card in the previous post, too. The hearts are so cute!

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful card. I love your design!

Deanna said...

Very pretty... love all the details!

Carla said...

Wow, love that effect of the crystal effects. I love that slit punch too...its the best!

Carol Dunstan said...

jaw droppingly gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.
my website
www.papercraft-ideas.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin