"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 5 - Memoirs of a Geisha


Happy Saturday Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge movie goers. This week Sankari and I have pick "Memoirs of a Geisha" This Beautiful story might have even been a book you have all read in a book group. But this story is visually stunning. The life of a Geisha is not an easy one. They are subject to making other happy their life. And give up a life of their own. Most girls were sold into the Geisha life in hopes of them having a better life. 

You have to visit SANKARI'S blog and see her amazing, amazing cards. They will blow your socks off!


I used the powerful color of the lips of a Geisha for the main base color with black to represent the charcoal and the white all over face. Gold to accent the purchase price of the Geisha. I wanted to create a piece of silk from the beautiful kimono's. I use mulberry paper with a faint stamped image in Going Grey then wadded up the paper and smoothed it out. I would've love to tie my ribbon like a traditional Kimono buy you know.  A simple Sentiment was added that reflects the appearance of a Geisha "Beautiful".
 


I couldn't have a naked card on the inside so I did the whole Geisha from head to toe. I have had this stamp set for Ever and finally had a project to use it on. Happy Happy days.


This is the photo I took the sneak peek from. gorgeous!!
Come on over to Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge and find a few links to the movie clips.  Then don't for get to view some of the projects created. Feel free to add your own creation.

Hugs
Brooke

4 comments:

Tegan said...

so so so impressed brooke!! you have so much talent and creativity :)
i was waiting for this challenge to be posted, but it seems to intimidating for me!

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute card! I love the twirly geisha girl! That movie really is one of the most beautiful ones to watch!

Tracy said...

absolutely stunning Brooke. Love how the little geisha is double sided so that she can still say hello when you open the card :)

naomi said...

Being Japanese I love anything Asian and this is absolutely the most beautiful card that I have ever seen! Every single card you make is so amazing! I am such a fan of your work.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin