"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, March 2, 2009

Kristina's color challenge #43 "Friend"





"FRIEND"
I haven't had a chance to make a card for Kristina's color challenge in  a while.. I really miss here challenges...  This card is a little dedication to all the amazing friends I have meet through Kristina's challenge blog.. I love that making cards has connected me with amazing women throughout the world.. I love you all dearly..

I got my inspiration from the middle piece of fabric on the inspiration photo.. I only had a limited time to play and a card I made a number of years ago came to mind.. I altered it just a little and... Wha..Laaa.. I think this is a great way to use up scraps, make a card for a boy or man in your life.. Or if you need a really fast card... I even used my SU buttons... This is a big deal for me I love to collect embellishments with the intention  of using them...... But some of my favorite this I really have a hard time using because when there gone... Then what?  Is anyone else like that or am I the only compulsive collector out there..

Card Recipe:
Stamps~ 
SU Card Stock/Ink ~ Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive,     Ruby Red
Buttons~ Stampin' Up
Linnen Thread~ Stampin' Up
Adhesive ATG gun.

Movie ~ "Forgotten" 
This was a little claustrophobic to me. The overwhelming  thought that your mind and life could be erased  or you and you family, friends, LIFE could be erased.. Yikes. And the fact that everyones is telling you that you are totally delusional....

9 comments:

Yankee in England said...

very cool idea using the strips!

~Lori Roop said...

I love the way you incorporated all the colors into your card!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely as always Brooke.

Sarah
xx

Angie Tieman said...

a-dor-able!!! Love the way you mixed up the paper strips!

Megan said...

So fun! I love this! :) You did a great job!

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love all of the great strips on your card. Such a fun layout! You did a great job on the challenge!

Sankari W. said...

Brooke, what a sweet card - great way to use the colors and throw those colors down!!!!!! I love your story with the buttons - I am totally like that too...but I hoarde little embellishments and then forget them ... and then find them months later and then i promise myself i will use them... but the same thing happens - i don't want to use them because then they are gone!!.. exactly what you said!!!

I am running around like a crazy chicken here - can't wait to take a break and give you a call soon!!! Sending you tons of love!!!
Sankari :)

Debi said...

Brooke~
I'm so glad I'm not alone in the whole "compulsive collecting" department. I don't know how many times I'll get so much of something for fear it will be discontinued...have the idea at the time for what I'll use it for...them forget about it. Darn! I do that all the time. Oh well, I've got a great stash. LOL

Great card, btw. Yes, I save all my scraps, too, just for cards like yours.

Anonymous said...

OMG Brooke, I love this! What a great idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin