"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, March 6, 2009

Mother and Daughter project ~ Diaper Cake

Abbie's wanted to make a special gift for her teachers aid that was leaving to have a baby. The class and teacher planned a baby shower for her today at school. We talked about making a present but we just ran out of time. So this is what we cam up with.. We had a great time watching Phantom of  the Opera and working in my studio just the two of us. We did have lots of visitors while we were working.. (Brothers) Zach even helped us roll up the diapers.. So you can't say you are not capable of making this project if a 5 year old can. Abbie's teachers aid never wants to take the cake apart she loved it. 


Abbie and mommy maid all the flowers together.
What a great team. We had a great time.

7 comments:

Shari said...

That's cute Brooke. Great Job Abbie! Did you finish a room in the basement for your scrapbooking stuff? It looks different then the one I remember upstairs. Although I havent been to your house in um maybe 3 years. Wow thats long.

Debi said...

Cool project. I love the flowers (dimension is SO my thing right now). Isn't it fun, too, to share stamping with our daughters? Mine loves to stamp, too.

BTW, I'd love a virtual tour of your stamp room. Looks neat.

Angie Tieman said...

What a wonderful gift, and so thoughtful of you! And the bonus, spending fun time with your daughter!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

What a WONDERFUL gift. It looks amazing. I might have to use your gorgeous idea for my sisters baby shower that I'm planning at the moment. I'm making invites right now while listening to your great music selection!!!! Your daughter is just adorable too. Such a beautiful photo of the two of you. My little Jorja (2) would LOVE to get her little mits on my stamping stuff... maybe in another year or so... hahaha.

Sarah
xx

Sankari W. said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEE!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures - soooo cute Brooke!!! You and Abbie just look darling! I wish I could stamp with you in your awesome stamp space !!! and I love love love your project!!!

Sending you big hugs!!! Thanks for talking with me last night - sorry I couldn't call you back - I was with Uma till 4am - trying to get a drs. appt still...

anyhooo - sending you LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
and big hugs too!!!
Sankari :)

tomiannie said...

Aw, so cute! I can't wait for Eliza to get big enough to do mommy-daughter stuff like that!

Scrappinwendi said...

This is so stinkin cute!! I really enjoyed your stamp party today. I must know when the next one will be.
You and Abbie make such a darling pair. You are so lucky to be able to share this hobby with her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin