"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, June 8, 2009

A New Challenge





Today I can across a new challenge on my friend Nancy blog.. I was up for something new so I just on this challenge.. What a fun sketch! Karen Giron challenge is called "Sweet Sunday" I decided to use a paper pack that I don't use as often as I should, and is retiring in a few weeks... "Raspberry Tart" did I mention that I am in morning for the loss of the In-Colors that are leaving :(

I have a little addiction to craft paper so I decided to break out and stretch myself.. I used Whisper White for the base of the card.. Then just started cutting 1.5 in' squares of DSP and arranging them on the paper.. When I decided what patterns I wasnted I edged the squares with ink.. And adheared them to the card base.. I then Sewed aroung the squared and pulled the threads throught the back and tied them off. I edged the card base inside and out with Pink Pirouette. I cut a 3.5 in' square of white and punched it with the scallop egde punch from SU.. I overlaped the corners and then rounded them of with the SU corner rounder (retired size). The mounted the white on a 3 in' square piece of Kiwi Kiss paper. I embelished the card with the Pretty in Pink striped Grosgrain ribbon and a sweet butterfly I punched from the same DSP and Vellum using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I couldn't forget the inside of the card. I inked up part of the sentiment from the front of the card and punched out with the 1.25" circle punch finishe with ribbon and a brad...


Inside of the card

This sentiment is exactly how I feel right know.. My kids are growing up so fast I can hardly stand it.. My oldest is driving and my baby just lost his first tooth... I am getting old and I don't don't even know it.. With the lost of my Grandfather a week 2 weeks ago. I had an epiphany. We just all moved up a generation.. My parents are the oldest know and I am next in line.. I have always though of my parents and young as well as my self... Were did the time go.... We all need to enjoy every day as if it was our last. I don't want to miss anything...


Hugs
Brooke

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty card for the sketch challenge! Looks like such an old-fashioned, romantic quilt! Your other card is so CAS and delicious too!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely card Brooke.
Karen's lovely sketches are heaps of FUN!!

Sarah
x

Nancy Riley said...

Brooke, I so love your design! Aren't Karen's sketches just awesome?! LOVE the finishing touch to the inside of the card!

Scrappinwendi said...

Love this card, especially the colors you used.
You hit the nail right on the head when you talked about moving up a generation. I totally understand how you feel. When my grandparents passed, I moved up a generation too. It is scary how you can look at your child and see the baby they used to be. This is the crazy little thing they call life....

Karen Giron said...

Gorgeous! I love the butterflies, so pretty - I think I have those little punches in my cart every time I go to Michael's, but always put them back for some reason. I need to just take the plunge and get them because you have inspired me!

Shari said...

I love what you have done with this card. beautiful Butterfly

Blog Widget by LinkWithin