"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #60 Chronicles of Narnia



My memories of this story go way back to 4th grade.. My teacher read this book out loud to the class. I was hooked.. I love the magical world and she was a great storyteller. When we had our book fair that year at school I snapped up another book "The Silver Chair". I was so excited to have another book from this series even if it was not the next book in the series. As I grew older I enjoyed learning more of the religious undertones that C.S. Lewis had intended.. I think of all the movies that have been made of this story I really enjoy this the most...





This was the photo that started my thought process. The final was the inside of the D.V. case that used the image of Lucy and the lamp post from.. I liked the darker image and feel it had.
Lucy is my favorite Daughter of Eve character.. She has such a sweet untouched incense about her.. I think the Beaver are my favorite creature in the movie.. They represent the every day people just like us all. They can inspire us to always strive to look for ways to help and serve others.

My sentiment and definition of Journey is really what Life is all about .. It's about the Journey and what we do and learn from it..


Come join us and play along this week on our Cinema Saturday challenge.. You can join us here for all the details..

Why should I join in on this challenge.. When else are you EVER going to have the change to create a card inspired by a movie... It's really help you think outside the box and create a work of ART! You can keep and display or share with some one you know LOVES that movies 2!


Card Recipe:

Stamps ~ S.U.

Cardstock~ Basic Black S.U.

Ink~ Whisper White Craft. S.U. Silver , S.U., Versa Mark ink.

Embossing powder~ Silver S.U.

Versa Mark Pen

Ink Dauber

Liquid Appliqué. (snow)

Lazer cut Snow Flakes S.U.

Gem's and Ribbon?


Movie Watched:

The Chronicles of Narnia ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.


HAPPY NEW YEARS!


HUGS

BROOKE


5 comments:

Sankari W. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you did this card Brooke!! I adore Lucy and this card is just sparkling with all the elements in the movie! Love the snowflakes and iridescence!!! (that was crazy last night - we must have been there at the same time! sorry if some parts got erased - I was going to call you but then i thought you might have gone to bed :)
Sending you big hugs dear Cinema Sister!!!
lots of love,
Sankari :)

scrappyyankee said...

Gorgeous card! I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, definitely one of my favorites.

((hugs))

Mickey

Radha said...

What a great efect u created!!!
How did u do that???
Love it each detail:))

Tethered2Home said...

This is beautiful, Brooke. Happy New Year! Amy.

Nancy K said...

Absolutely beautiful Brooke!
I love the use of the craft inks to give it that ethereal feel.
Love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin