"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mojo Monday #99 "Lucky Friend"


LOVING THE NEW IN-COLORS from
STAMPIN' UP 2009-10 Catalog

Ok So I was so excited to get my last post up I totally mess it up.. Here is the correct card that matches the mojo #99 post..


I have been sneaking in little moment here and there down in my studio. I am on a roll I have to say.. I hope the mojo keeps coming I am going to share a few new projects I have been making and some I am preparing for our next CATTY CRUSE so you will have to come on back and visit me.. My tween/teens all start school on Thursday.. But I get to have Zachy for another week all to my self... He will start Kindergarten on the 27th :( Next year I will cry for sure.. No more babies at home.. How time flies... So... Long and short of it all I don't know what to expect. Will I take a shower and clean the house or make cards.....hmmm..... I don't want to know. lol



Card #1

To create the polka-dot background I used the un-used end of my pencil dotted in "Versa-mark" ink. I love how Versa-mark creates such a subtle look and not as overwhelming as some ink can create. All other background on this card were created using stamps from the "Always" stamp set form Stampin' Up. The Pocket that houses the little "Lucky" message was a cinch to make here a a few pics to show you how.






The size of the pocket can be customized to what ever size you need the only special thing I did was cut off 1/4 in off both sides of one side of the folded paper. Glue them together brayer it for a crisp fold. Last punch with a circle punch that fits the scale of your pocket. Punch a second circle with the same circle punch or the next size up with coordination paper so the tag topper fits nicely.

Card #1

OK. So I totally didn't think I was ever going to love the new in-colors this year as much as I did the last.. I think I found a few new favorites... I started out making a card for the #99 mojo challenge and got a little carried away...


This card is for our friends son that is getting married in Sept.. I really love the faux ribbon. I just broke the fibers of the paper by rubbing it on the edged of my desk them bunched it up as I sewed it to the paper. Finished by sniping the edges. I used the "Always" stamp set again. The sentiment "For the Newlyweds" is from my new stamps set "Teeny Tiny Wishes"

Card #2

Card #3

At our last stamp club we learned how to sew on paper and we made this block. You just simply run 5 different colors of paper through your sizzix Big Shots machine with the "Top Notes" die. The 5th color is the quilt base so the color doesn't matter. Swap all the pieces until they look good to you. To keep in place while I pieced the sample I used a little touch of "Snail" adhesive right in the center of each color piece. Then stitched them all together with my "Sew Mini" sewing machine. I used the "Always" stamp set and the new Sentiment stamp set "......" that will be available to purchase Sept 1st. This is a FAB new holiday sentiment set you will totally add to your wish list.. I am loving the new in-color polka-dot ribbon... I might have to add more colors to my wish list...


ALL the Multi Colored backgrounds using the heart stamp from "Always" stamp set I used the Diaper Whipe tecnique.
Card Recipe's~

Card #1 (all Stampin' Up inless stated)
Stamps~ Always, My Pencil top.
Card stock~ Rich Razzleberry, Kraft, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede.
Ink~ Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Versa-mark, Soft Suede.
Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon, Linen thread.
Punches~ Scallop Square, Corner rounder, 1 in circle. 1/16 circle punch.
Paper Piercer and mat pack, Stampin' Spounges.

Card #2 ( All Stampin' Up inless stated)
Stamps~ Always, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock~ Rich Razzleberry, Kraft, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede. (all Stampin' Up)
Ink~ Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Versa-mark, Soft Suede.
Orange beads, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimentionals
Punches~ Large Oval & Fiscars dotted wave.
"Sew mini" Sewing machine

Card #3 (All Stampin' Up inless stated)
Stamps~ Always, Grateful Greatings
Card stock~ Rich Razzleberry, Kraft, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede. (all Stampin' Up)
Ink~ Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Versa-mark, Soft Suede.
Orange beads, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimentionals
Punch~ Curly Label
Ribbon~ Dusty Durango Polka-dot & linen thread.
Big Shot die S.U. Exclusive "Top Note"
Stampin' Dimentionals


Thanks for stopping by:
Hugs
Brooke

1 comment:

Linda McClain said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love all these, especially the card for your son. GorJus!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin