"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #52 Mrs Doubtfire


(What a fun surprise that my colors matched Sankari's banner..)

First of all.. HUGE HUGS to my Sunny Sankari... I remember getting an e-mail from the cutest girl ever saying she was going to call me.. I missed her first call :( My DH told me that a girl names Sankari called and I was a little giddy and nervous... We had chatted online and e-mail for a while but never on the phone... The SECOND I heard her voice there was no turning back I fell in love with her forever.. Sankari has become one of the dearest friends in the world.. We had such a instant connection. We rarely talk for less than an hour, and can talk for multiple hours no problem... Most of the time it's in the middle of the night...lol.. We will meet face to face, well person to person someday... I am tall and ALWAYS attract short friends... he,he... I can't wait to sit down with Sankari and her family and have a good Curry... You are to bestest in the mid- westest... I love you to death... Check out Sankari's amazing card here..

What a great movie... You root for Daniel(Mrs Doubtfire) the whole time.. But on the same hand you totally understand Miranda Hillard(Sally Fields) character and why she is feeling the way she does.. Unfortunately for some people they don't know what they had or how good they had it until they loose it.. In this case it's family... The transformation from man to nanny is sooo funny... Harvey Fierstein's voice and personality cracks me up... You have to love it when you are a man going to a man to be made over as a women..
Some of the lines are so stinkin' funny..

Funny lines:
"It was a run my fruiting" (when Mrs Doubtfire through fruit at Stu's head while at the pool.)
"My first day as a women and I am already having hot flashes"...( Boobs caught on fire while cooking)
Funny scenes:
I love it when Mrs Doubtfire is getting mugged and she/he beats the mugger up... How about when the dentures fall out into the glass.. Or Mrs D talks to Stu in the man voice when the family is out to dinner.

Join us on Friday nights as we sneak peek the movie for our challenge on Saturday... You can check it our here..

I had a ball watching this movie. It had been far to long.. I hope you all have a great time watching and creating to it...


When I was thinking about what paper I wanted to use for my card. I thought of this DSP from SU.. It has a older tailored feel to it that fit the Mrs "D" feel. I also thought the quote was great for the challenge... In the Movie Daniel is to busy with his life to realize that he has lost his family. So we all need to remember to let LIFE happen while we are busy making cards... :)

A little tag for the challenge requirement...
A mini dresser to hold all the disguise Mrs "D" has to wear..

I almost forgot to share...

I played along with the cutest gal Julee ever this week and her Mojo Monday Challenge blog.
I {HEART} my weekly Mojo challenge..

Don't forget to come play with us over at Cinema Saturday... We have such an amazing challenge family...

Leave me some love. I want to know you had a great time here.

Hugs
Brooke

3 comments:

scrappyyankee said...

I loved Mrs. Doubtfire, great movie! Great card.... and what an adorable little dresser.

(((hugs)))

Mickey

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I had a great time here, and I'm leaving the love! :-) LOL I haven't talked to Sankari on the phone, but she's just a delight in email. I always leave with a smile whenever she writes me. And OMG - your card is gorgeous! Love the colors and the fabulously sparkly dragonfly. It rocks - thanks for playing along, Brooke!

theneon said...

Oh, did you ever have fun with this one! What an "over achiever" you are to make a set of drawers for Mrs. Doubtfire's "drawers." And what a wonderful tribute to your "co-conspirator" on the Cinema Saturday Blog. I thank you both the time you spend in creating and sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin