"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Butternutsage Style



Donna at Butternutsage.blogspot.com is celebrating in a BIG way..

Donna has reached over 200,000 visits to her blog and want to say thank you.

You don't want to miss out our her Celebration she has a HUGE gift you could win..


a chance to receive a $100.00 in Cash if you play along with her in her challenge..


I have been following Donna for a few years now I first came across Donna's blog by playing on Kristina Werner's color challenge each week. I love checking in with Donna's blog she has such a clean and elegant style. I meet Donna at a Stampin' Up Convention a few years back at a Splitcoaststamper Dirty Dozen card exchange years ago (not sure if she remembers).


When I though about what I could make to create Donna's style 2 things came to mind.. Texture she is the Queen of Dry Embossing and the second a monochromatic color scheme. Donna keeps it simple. I think that is what draws me to her.. I have such a hard time keeping it simple and need a reminder once and a while to go clean and classy like Donna.. In the back of my mind I kept thinking. "you could add a little here and you could do this or that.) but I had to keep the simple elegance of Donna in mind..
THANKS Donna I REALLY enjoyed making this card for your challenge.. I LOVE the say it turned out.. Thanks for helping me go back to one of my favorite looks EVER..

Good Luck with your challenge and CONGRATS on your mile stone.

Come join Donna's challenge here.

HUGS
BROOKE

Recipe:
All Stampin Up except the Martha Butterfly punch.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Brooke! I need to do this challenge, too! Her style is wonderful(and yours is too!).

Anonymous said...

Oh Brooke sweetie, I was so discouraged today thinking no one wanted to play with me. Then your post came and I got to open the best surprise ever. This is just so gorgeous! I absolutely am blown away by your beautiful creation and it really feels like me! I am sitting here with tears running down my cheeks. You did a fabulous job and I LOVE it. Thank you for such a touching gift. Good luck in the drawing ~Donna

Leonie said...

You have captured Donna's style perfectly! What a gorgeous card :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Congratulations Brooke!! Your card is just gorgeous and I am so happy you won Donna's great blog prize.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin