"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, July 30, 2010

Beautiful Butterflies




HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
I have been cleaning out my studio and re-organizing all my paper. I need to clean of my desk so I can SEE my Cricut Expression.. I forget I even have it most of the time. I've had a few gently reminders to get that machine dusted of an get using it. A few weeks ago I was shopping at ROBERTS CRAFTS and I won a FREE Cricut cartridge. Then I was notified from Amy that I won a cricut cartridge she was giving away.. I AM SOOOO EXCITE to play with the cartridge Amy is sending.. It a Home decor cartridge... I bought a pack of vinyl a year and a half ago at the scrapbook expo and I have never used it... I think it might just get cut very soon.

During all this cleaning I decided to get to a project I have had in mind and sitting on my desk for well over a year.. We took the family to the Zoo a few weeks ago and I really studied the butterfly and bug collections there. I love all the vibrant colors and patterns on the wings of the butterflies. I decided that the "Mariposa" paper pack from "Die-cuts with a view" would be a perfect collection of paper to use.. When I had this project in mind I had the traditional version of a collection in mind but wanted to really give it a twist.. I decided to go with a flight pattern. And Rainbow color order as well. I am thrilled with the way it turned out.. The Lattice
die-cut from Stampin' Up was a great fit to jazz up the white background with out taking away from the butterflies..





When I was done I had a gathering of butterflies staring up at me from my desk.. So I decided to make a few little cards to showcase the little guys.. I Love Kraft paper it just makes everything look amazing...


Hope you all enjoyed my butterfly projects.. Stop by tomorrow for a new Cinema Saturday challenge...

HUGS
BROOKE


13 comments:

Jeanette said...

I like those thank you cards. Can't wait to try it with DP I love.

Nancy K said...

What beautiful butterfly projects! Love the cards -so simple and pretty. My butterfly embosslit does need more use...
Thanks for sharing!!

LeAnne said...

WOW! I haven't visited your blog in a while either! THis is STUNNING!!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! I have to get that butterfly embosslit thing, I think I'm the only person who doesn't have it!

Ms said...

absolutely gorgeous... you are such a talented lady... thank you for sharing your creativity

Beate said...

Oh Brooke! Your shadowbox is GORGEOUS! I love it. The cards are beautiful too. You did fantastic stuff with those butterflies.
Hugs and smiles

Mel Hopes said...

this is just stunning! Love the cards too. I am sure liking the simple and clean look these days.

see you on tuesday!

tomiannie said...

Totally beautiful, Brooke! Hey, I'm doing a big vinyl project this week and I already have one person coming over for a Cricut vinyl tutorial. Want to join in?

Renée M-B. said...

These are absolutely exquisite!

Unknown said...

WOW This is beautiful!! I love all the butterflies and the colors!! Perfect!!

Kristin Moore said...

Your butterfly collection is amazing!! Love your card featured by Nancy on her iPicks but also the other cards with the leftover butterflies- awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

well missy aren't we in good company over at Nancy's! LOL!!! I am going to steal your idea here for stamp club. I love it...now it really isn't stealing it is called CASing!!!! I love what oyu did with all the butterflies. Hugs my friend!~Donna

Linda Bandow said...

Found you on Nancy's blog....these are really really special...simple and beautiful! TFS!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin