"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #86 ~ Bend It Like Beckham



BROOKE'S project inspired by the movie "Bend It Like Beckham"


LOVE this movie.. I can't tell you how many times I have created project while watching this movie.. I love cross culture movies. We all live in such a new and exciting world with so many opportunities. What would you do if you were a young girl who would rather play soccer/football than learn how to cook a full Indian dinner or find a husband? How would you feel if your mother was always trying to get you to wear a skirt of wear stop playing the sport you love.. This is a heart warming movie that will take you on their journey to find out who they are and help their families to understand who they are as well.

I know you are thinking WHAT does this have to do with a soccer/football movie.. When let me tell you... Jess is a beautiful young girl who is just emerging into a young woman. She is discovering what she love and what she want to do with her life. What better than Butterflies to represent coming into a new life. When we are young we are protected from the world by our parents and when we emerge as young adults and start to make our own choices we find out who we really are.

Secret side of my bookmark... Shhh...


Don't we all have dreams we would love to pursue? I know I do! Just like Jess I want my dreams to make me an even better version of who I am with out giving up my faith, tradition, and family. One of my dreams is to travel.... I find that even as I reflect on my dreams they are changing.. I have realized that I don't need to be rich or famous with anyone but my own little family.. I hope and dream that my children never look back and think... Why didn't mom do this or that.. And that they will ALWAYS know that they are LOVED and mom always wanted me to reach my goals and dreams. THAT will be one of my lives dreams and goals...





Here is the card that will hold my book mark. With a little butterfly quote to remind my to always spread my wings and fly!


The bookmark is magnetic so when you are forced to stop reading your favorite book about your goals and dreams your bookmark will not fall out. Just slip it over your page.

Please leave me a comment either about your favorite part of the movie or.... One of your goals and or life dreams... Thanks for playing along. Please join us over at CINEMA SATURDAY and create a project inspired by this weeks movie.


HUGS
BROOKE

4 comments:

Jackie said...

That was a great movie and a good time to watch if you haven't had enough World Cup action. Aside from my movie review, your creations with the color combo are excellant! Very nice work.

Anonymous said...

Love your project! I don't think I have seen the movie. Is there any directions on making the bookmark? I love the bookmark! Could it be done with perforated paper and some stitching?

Chris R. from Iowa

ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh, Brooke !!!! This is "OVER THE TOP" gorgeous !!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!!!

love ya !

Nancy K said...

What an amazing project -love the layers of color, gives such dimension. Beautiful job Brooke. Thanks for sharing your dreams in your post too. I think as moms we all dream of giving the best we can to our children, our heart, our hopes, our family values. And in return I dream that my babies are able to keep sharing that love, and creating their own dreams.
Happy Friday Brooke!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin